The Snowdrop


I took a walk along to the old bridge that crosses the estuary at Ruan Lanihorne this afternoon....

In the woods the walls are smothered in moss.

 Amazingly beautiful close-up.....



By the time I reached the church there wasn't enough sun to read the sundial on the wall, alas.


Behind the little spring a carpet of snowdrops....


Back when I was a student and visiting a friend in Oxford, a lady stopped me in the street and asked if I would care to read some of her poetry. Her name was Zoe Peterssen, and I still have the two simple handmade books of her poems which she entitled, 'Whispers from Nature'. I cannot pass these pretty white maids now without recalling to mind her words:

'Modesty'

She bent her head
and to me whispered,
whispered softly and gently:
"pay me some attention"

The Snowdrop


 My walk began in sunshine and ended in rain, but the kind of rain that is soft and gentle as it kisses your cheek, and sends little circular waves of ripples in the puddles.
xxx

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

Rare Disease Day and the promises of personalized medicine

O ur daughter Ellen wrote the post that I republish below 3 years ago, and we've reposted it in commemoration of Rare Disease Day, Febru...