Impressions of Scilly


Yes I know it's been a while....well a long while, so thanks for being patient with me! Mid - June saw my annual trip to The Scilly Isles, always a treat, and it didn't matter that the wind blew and the rain came down, I just put on my hiking boots and waterproof trousers and took a brolly and got out into the (very) fresh air! The sun did shine too, and so I was able to take some photos to share with you.........

The harbour on St. Mary's


Boards advertising boat trips to all the 'off' islands




' The Island Rover ' takes you on a rather fun tour of St. Mary's 


Sub-tropical plants grow wild here









Hard knuckles of flecked ancient granite, sun-baked and with a lichen crust......






Pure granite sand; grainy granules at the water's edge, graduating to white powdery softness where the marram grass erupts from the dunes.......



the sea is so clean and clear


putting out the lobster pots











Johnathon's organic fruit and veg stall. I sampled some mixed lettuce leaves - delicious!



everywhere strange succulents grow out of the walls





The pace of life on St. Martin's is so slow and this is what makes it such a perfect place to relax...........
Hope you too have managed to grab some summer sunshine and relaxation over the past few weeks. x

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

Rare Disease Day and the promises of personalized medicine

O ur daughter Ellen wrote the post that I republish below 3 years ago, and we've reposted it in commemoration of Rare Disease Day, Febru...