Apologies for rather sporadic posting of late, I have been busy making stuff for the Vintage and Handmade Fair on the 28th (hope you're coming!). Some 'Jars of Inspiration', full of fabric, lace, ribbon, buttons and thread, everything you need to create something unique!

Also wreaths made out of lichen-covered twigs that I collected from the coastal path at St. Anthony Head. Lucky for me the hedges had just been trimmed so there were lots of nice twiggy bits to collect. The pine cones I've been picking up throughout the year whilst out on country walks.


'Twas a bit blustery at the seaside today! An easterly wind and lots of white horses. I have no running water and therefore no facilities at the shop, so a call of nature has to be answered with a quick nip round the corner, to the public conveniences. Dressing up warm and holding on to your hat is often the order of the day, but with a view like this who can complain!


This week I've been re-arranging the shop to make it feel more Christmassy, though I'm not going the whole hog just yet.


Pure lambswool scarves (£29) by Hannah Housham are new for this Autumn; she came into the shop in the summer whilst on holiday and asked whether I'd be interested in selling her range, as she was just starting out in business and looking for a few outlets in Cornwall. After seeing some samples I had no hesitation in placing an order; I love the ripple wavy edges and the beautiful shades of pink, lilac, jade, soft grey and pale blue.

These wonderful hot water bottle covers (£30) and tea cosies (£21) are designed, knitted and felted by Stephanie Wooster, again in the most pretty (and sometimes striking!) colour combinations.




Gertie has sourced some wonderful old traditional sewing boxes from her native Germany; if you go to her website here you can view more.

I quite like it when I'm in the shop after dark with all the lights and lamps on, it feels very cosy!

Keep yourselves warm my blogger friends, till next time x

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

Rare Disease Day and the promises of personalized medicine

O ur daughter Ellen wrote the post that I republish below 3 years ago, and we've reposted it in commemoration of Rare Disease Day, Febru...